LEED certification for new buildings
LEED for Building Design and Construction
LEED for Building Design and Construction (LEED BD+C) provides a framework for building a holistic green building, giving you the chance to nail down every sustainability feature, maximizing the benefits.
Who it's for
- New Construction and Major Renovation. Addresses design and construction activities for both new buildings and major renovations of existing buildings. This includes major HVAC improvements, significant building envelope modifications and major interior rehabilitation.
- Core and Shell Development. For projects where the developer controls the design and construction of the entire mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire protection system—called the core and shell—but not the design and construction of the tenant fit-out.
- Schools. For buildings made up of core and ancillary learning spaces on K-12 school grounds. Can also be used for higher education and non-academic buildings on school campuses.
- Retail. Addresses the unique needs of retailers—from banks, restaurants, apparel, electronics, big box and everything in between.
- Data Centers. Specifically designed and equipped to meet the needs of high-density computing equipment such as server racks, used for data storage and processing.
- Warehouses and Distribution Centers. For buildings used to store goods, manufactured products, merchandise, raw materials, or personal belongings, like self-storage.
- Hospitality. Dedicated to hotels, motels, inns, or other businesses within the service industry that provide transitional or short-term lodging with or without food.
- Healthcare. For hospitals that operate twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week and provide inpatient medical treatment, including acute and long-term care.