LEED certification for existing buildings and spaces
LEED for Building Operations and Maintenance
LEED for Building Operations and Maintenance (O+M) offers existing buildings an opportunity to pay close attention to building operations.
Who it's for
- Existing Buildings. Specifically projects that do not primarily serve K-12 educational, retail, data centers, warehouses and distribution centers, or hospitality uses.
- Retail. Guides existing retail spaces, both showrooms, and storage areas.
- Schools. For existing buildings made up of core and ancillary learning spaces on K-12 school grounds. Can also be used for higher education and non-academic buildings on school campuses.
- Hospitality. Existing hotels, motels, inns, or other businesses within the service industry that provide transitional or short-term lodging with or without food.
- Data Centers. Existing buildings specifically designed and equipped to meet the needs of high density computing equipment such as server racks, used for data storage and processing.
- Warehouses and Distribution Centers. Existing buildings used to store goods, manufactured products, merchandise, raw materials, or personal belongings (such as self-storage).