Who knew “.1” could deliver so much
In a world that is constantly evolving, one of the hallmarks of LEED is “continuous improvement.” With each new version, LEED raises the bar to increase the impact on our built environment. From improving energy performance to emphasizing human health and integrative building design, LEED is encouraging project teams to operate beyond the status quo.
Enter LEED v4.1: LEED v4.1 will be our most inclusive and transparent platform to date. That’s because our most important requirement for adoption will come from our most valuable resource of all—you!
LEED v4.1 is bigger, stronger, bolder
- Bigger: LEED v4.1 is for all – it is more inclusive with updated referenced standards and allows projects to earn LEED points through building performance monitoring.
- Stronger: LEED v4.1 continues to drive performance, fully integrating performance outcomes supported by new methodologies and a simple data-driven path so that you can measure performance on an ongoing basis.
- Bolder: Lessons learned from those in the market using LEED v4 and over the last twenty years have led us to take a deeper look at existing buildings, residential projects and cities to develop unique solutions that address unique markets.
LEED v4.1 education is your starting point for engaging with the updated program while earning continuing education.
Learn more at any of the Greenbuild shows happening around the world. Each Greenbuild will feature opportunities to connect with LEED subject matter experts.
LEED v4.1 O+M beta
As a first step in launching LEED v4.1, we’ve released a beta version of the LEED rating system for existing buildings.
- A shift from documents for documentation to data for documentation by tracking performance in energy, water, waste, transportation, indoor air quality, toxin free environment and occupant satisfaction
- Get certified and stay certified with data driven recertification guidance that aligns with certification requirements
- LEED points are based on performance (score)
- For the first time applies to buildings and interior spaces
LEED v4.1 O+M beta guide | Credits in the LEED credit library | Redlined LEED O+M v4.1 proposed rating system | Clean LEED O+M v4.1 proposed rating system | LEED v4.1 O+M: Existing Buildings scorecard | LEED v4 to LEED v4.1 Credit Mapping (O+M)
LEED v4.1 ID+C beta
LEED v4.1 for Interior Design and Construction includes many of the updates made in LEED v4.1 BD+C as well as several that focus on the realities of interior spaces.
- A new option within the Environmental Tobacco Smoke Control prerequisite that acknowledges potential limitations with addressing smoking in areas outside of the interior project’s control — smoking is still prohibited in the entire LEED project space
- Acknowledgment for projects located within a LEED-certified building
- Lower entry points for both the Daylight and Acoustic Performance credits to encourage more projects to consider daylight and acoustic performance during design
- Greater focus on improving indoor air quality through more approachable air testing options and use of the latest standards for ventilation
View the most current draft
Beta registration opens January 2019. The draft above is a preview of what projects will use once registered. Let us know what you think.
LEED v4.1 Cities and Communities beta
LEED v4.1 expands the solutions for LEED for Cities and LEED for Communities to include two new project types, those in the planning and design phase and existing cities.
- Expanded rating system now includes standards from the STAR Community Rating System and elements of key GBCI green energy and infrastructure rating systems like PEER and SITES
- Triple bottom line approach with scaleable metrics that work at the city, county and regional scale Flexible pathways to measure and advance local progress, including performance standards and proven strategies and best practices for improvement
- Greater focus on improved social equity, quality of life and standard of living
View the most current draft
Beta registration opens Spring 2019. The draft above is a preview of what projects will use once registered. Let us know what you think.
Sign up to receive email about the latest LEED v4.1 releases, launches and education.