Bring LEED to your country
LEED is the most widely recognized green building rating system in the world. It is USGBC’s mission to bring the environmental and human health benefits of green buildings to all, and we are committed to accelerating the uptake of LEED in new and existing markets. We are committed to helping you bring LEED to your country while encouraging its continued growth in countries where LEED is flourishing.
We are offering free LEED certification for two types of projects:
- The first projects to certify in the 100+ countries where LEED has yet to take root. Review the countries that are able to participate below.
- The first Platinum project in any country to certify using the newest version of LEED
Countries that are eligible for free LEED certification by bringing the first LEED project to their country:*
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Equatorial Guinea
- Guinea Bissau
- Papua New Guinea
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Sudan and Sudan
*Disclaimer: This list includes United Nations member states without a LEED-certified project, excluding countries subject to U.S. trade sanctions.
Contact us learn more or to notify us that you want to participate and register a project in your country.
Hear from our winners
- “LEED served as a yardstick for us. In every discussion with the project team, we would say, ‘You know what, maybe we can do this, too.’ You start adding a few small things—you advance. You build upon everyone’s ideas. The learning curve for this project was huge and rewarding.” Deepa Sathiaram, LEED Fellow and project lead for the first LEED-certified building in South Sudan
- "The development pipeline in Zagreb has slowed to a trickle over recent years, but the certification of Business Center Adris is a strong indication that the market is turning. LEED certification sends a strong message that the building meets international quality and sustainability standards. As market confidence improves, I anticipate that this building will be seen as a trendsetter and that almost all future office developments will also be certified." LEED AP Michael Smithing, Director of the Green Building Advisory for Eastern Europe at Colliers International and project consultant on the first LEED-certified building in Croatia